“Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot.”

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Little Poem By Me!

Little Turtle
by: Red Starr
Little Turtle won't you come out and play?
Today is such a sunny bright day.
Are you afraid of the world's hell?
Is that why you are in your shell?
I understand your pain and fear,
but there is no real danger here.
No guns or war or death or tear.
No predators, gangsters, politicians, or fear.
I understand why you shiver and shake.
You fear for yourself and your child's sake.
You must be so safe and warm in there.
No need to worry. No, not a care.
How I wish I could join you in your shelled retreat.
Cram in my head, my arms, my feet.
Escape this noisy, polluted mess.
Forget all the worry and excessive stress.
The mind blowing worry and heart wrenching fear.
The anger of the losses of children out here.
The children are hunted and warned of bad men.
No longer free to play and pretend.
Their lives exist in the technology of games.
Passing places and faces, never knowing a name.
The angels have left us for better places.
For beautiful, kinder, more loving faces.
The pollution and smog choke us with ease.
So let me in, Little Turtle, let me in, please.
I need to escape what the world's become.
Let me feel your warmth and security some.
Let me leave all of this craziness behind.
Let me clear my overly polluted mind.
Clear away the images of death and despair.
Of children dying, killed without care.
Nowhere to escape. Nowhere to run.
No haven of love. No treehouse of fun.
I want to scream and thrash and gnaw
at the men who blindly enforce crude law.
I want to rid the world of the things we fear.
To make it safer for all of us here.
Of love and freedom, I shall plant the seed.
No more men of anger, dillusion, and greed.
No more fishbowl reality on the evening news.
Children killing children, nothing left to lose.
So, Little Turtle, stay put for a bit.
I've no time to linger, no time to sit.
I have a world to save, a little at a time.
And for now I am tired of my rhyme.
Goodbye, Little Turtle, I'll leave you for now.
I will fix it all, make it better, some how!

No comments:


FOR ALL PARENTS

Please visit CHILDREN EMPOWERED for VITAL information that could save your child's life!!