“Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot.”

Monday, August 20, 2007

Home


Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter,you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again. Psalm 71:20-21


I believe, throughout all my blogs, I have made the fact that I am a devout Christian fairly clear. I think I have made my beliefs front and center. I am not the type of person to shove my beliefs down any one's throat, so please if you think you may be offended or roll your eyes don't read on. This weekend I had one of those surreal moments that we sometimes have. No, no angels came down or I didn't see the face of God in my cheese or anything, this was one of those simple moments that no one realized how touched I truly was. I have been out of my church for awhile now. As you all have known, I have had some health issues and financial problems. My reasons for not attending church were varied but I daily prayed to God to give me the strength to face one more day and kept up with my daily reading of the Bible.



Sunday I returned to my church, I returned home. The things that touched me so dearly were so simple yet they meant so much. People coming up and asking if I was okay, if I needed anything, or that they had been praying for me. I don't think anyone can even begin to understand how deeply I was touched by this. To know we do not walk alone in our times of need is amazing. I have long held the belief that we must taste the bottom of the barrel so that the top will be more amazing. God tests us, he tests our faith in him but our faith in ourselves even more, and when we rise from the ashes we are stronger and smarter for it! Like the phoenix we rise from our ashes new and refreshed.



So I just want to take this opportunity to publicly thank all of my "family" at Grace Community United Methodist Church of Fish Hawk for all that you do! Your a wonderful extension to my family and your prayers and love have sustained my soul through times of trouble and uncertainty! Really, in my life, I have never found a more wonderful group of people!

2 comments:

Steven said...

What can I say....

Great Posts!!

My daughter will be starting kindergarden.Where is the time going!!!There is that helpless feeling!!You try your best to teach them right and wrong!! And hope for the best!!!

Steven said...

I believe we are being tested everyday on this planet!!!! I believe if you meditate every day and tap into the power of our Lord, you'll see things start to happen!!

God Bless


FOR ALL PARENTS

Please visit CHILDREN EMPOWERED for VITAL information that could save your child's life!!